Chlorine effervescent tablets are very useful in treating water. It disinfects water and make it drinkable. One of the international brand of chlorine effervescent tablet is “Aquatabs”. Aquatabs are manufactured in Medentech Ltd., Ireland and is used all across the world for the purpose of the purification of water. It is available in many forms. Small variants like aquatabs 33mg, aquatabs 67mg, aquatabs 500mg, and aquatabs 8.68gm are used for small and local scale. Commonly known as emergency quick water treatment with least cost price.
Aquatabs 67mg is used for 20liters of water, having 10 tablets in tearable paper strip. Tablets are effervescent and have chlorine unique formula of Troclosene Sodium (NADCC), it readily dissolves in water and disinfects water exponentially. These tablets are available in pack and set for rest for about 30minutes before final consumption. Key features are as follow:
How many aquatabs in a liter of water?
It is best recommended to consult local area guidelines before usage.
Low risk areas (Trans European) -20 -25 liters per tablet and rest for 10 minutes
Medium risk areas – (Asia) – 10- 20 liters per tablet and rest for 30 minutes with uncovered water
High Risk Areas – Asia and Latin America – double dosage of 2 tablets per 10 to 12.5 litres of water and cover water for 20 minutes
Medium Risk Areas: Note that there should be a faint chlorine smell after treatment, if no small, retreated. Always test for residual chlorine after treatment.
For dirty, cloudy and stained or cold (4 or < 4°C ) water, double dosage to two tablets.
How to use:
Cut foil package with scissor, knife or any sharp thing and without exposing tablet to air too much quickly drop in 20 liters of contaminated water. Allow to react Troclosene sodium to react with opaque container or in dark to make a solution of 5ppm chlorine dioxide. The treated water is left uncovered for a period of 30 minutes. After that water is treated and is now available for drinking.
Effectiveness: Aquatabs 67mg are highly effective, it kills micro-organisms found in water such as E coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Giardia cysts, Vibrio Cholera, Roto virus Aka Rota virus. Aquatabs offer the gold standard in quality and safety and is the most used disinfection brand in emergency water situations.
Product details of 67mg Aquatabs water purification tablets 1X10
It is recommended as the world’s best and worldwide trusted tablets for over 20 years for usage in emergency situations
More than 3 billion gallons of water are treated annually
Easily available in portable form and makes water fit for drinking in less than hour,
Save energy, time and resources without any health effects
No unpleasant tasted
67mg 1 paper foliage contains 10 tablets
Why use Aquatabs to treat water?
– Many water sources throughout the world, even after filtration, remain contaminated and require some form of disinfection.
– Aquatabs enable areas without access to water disinfection systems to benefit from the advantages of chlorination without any infrastructure requirements in a speedy and cost-effective manner.
– Aquatabs are simple to use, easily transported, cost-effective and affordable to low-income groups.
– Aquatabs water purification tablets utilise materials specifically approved to International standards for use in drinking water with NSF/ANSI Standard 60 certification.
– Aquatabs have been evaluated and selected by leading Aid Agencies, Non-Governmental Organisations and Defence Forces worldwide.
Aquatabs are used both in emergency situations and also for continuous use in households that do not have access to safe drinking water.
Quality and Safety Assurance
– US EPA registered
– Aquatabs have been in use for over 38 years and no side effects have been reported.
– Aquatabs are manufactured to full pharmaceutical
standards in a premise certified to the European Union guidelines on Good Manufacturing Practices for medicines.
– The packaging and shelf life of Aquatabs has been verified through stability studies performed to the International Conference on Harmonisation Guidelines (ICH).
– The active ingredient in Aquatabs, Troclosene Sodium, is approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for routine treatment of drinking water,; meets European Standards for drinking water (EN12931: 2000) and World Health Organization (WHO)/ The Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) specifications for drinking water.
– Aquatabs tablets meet the NSF/ANSI Standard 60 as certified by NSF International.
– In the past year, over 1 billion Aquatabs have been used globally.
International Acceptance of Aquatabs 67mg
WHO (World Health Organization)
UNICEF (United Nation International Children Education Fund)
UNDP (United Nation Development Programme
UNHRC ( United Nation Human Rights Council)
IRD ( International Relief & Development)
MSF (Médecins Sans Frontières)
IFRC (international Federation of Red Cross)
ICRC( International Committee of Red Cross)
OXFAM(Oxford Committee for Famine Relief)
NRSP (National Rural & Support Programme)
NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
DACAR ( Danish Committee for Aid to Afghan Refugees )
Action Aid & many others